02 June 2011

Prayer Requests

Our apartment is now completely empty, besides myself and the computer! So before we leave we wanted to post some specific ways you could pray for us as we head down to Indy today and leave on Monday.


Traveling-timeliness of flights and all those arrangements that need to happen; that even when we are exhausted that we would still be patient and kind to each other and those around us (Alexa will be traveling with us too)

Marriage-that our marriage would remain strong during this big change in our lives and that we would continue to love each other as Christ loves us

Please pray for the Hoch's, Gordon's, and Houser's as they are opening their homes to us and teaching us about the ministry they are doing. Also, that we would be gracious and pleasant house guests, as I am sure it can be stressful on all to have people living together for extended periods of time.  Please also pray for the agricultural and church planting ministries they are doing, that they would see fruit from their labor, in all ways.

Health-that God would strengthen our bodies as we eat new foods and are exposed to new surroundings

Pray that the Church would grow and would be an extension of God's love to the people in Burkina Faso.

Pray that we would know God more deeply than ever before and that we are able to learn from those around us as well as teach those around us. 

Pray that everything we do would be a reflection of our Savior, Jesus, here in the States and overseas.  That we would love in ways we didn't know were possible. That we would love just as Jesus calls us to:
      "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another" John 13:34-35

Lastly, pray for those at my work who have taken on all of my duties so I can be a part of this.  There will be very busy times, so pray that the work can get done as quickly as possible in order to minimize the burden.  I can't express how grateful I am that they are giving me this opportunity to pursue one of my dreams. MutualBank and the management there are outstanding!!









 

5 comments:

  1. Praying for God's grace to rain down. Praying that His purposes will be fulfilled. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you both so much!!! I'm so glad you gave us all specific prayer requests...I hope you feel COVERED by prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower from Shannan's blog, and I wanted to let you know that you will be in our prayers. It takes great faith and love to do what you are doing....my family will be lifting all of you up in prayer. Travel with angels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you from Flowerpatch Farmgirl....
    will be praying for you and this awesome journey you are on for the Lord. May God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for this. so good to know how to pray. you two are so precious to us, and especially to our Father. go make his name glorious.

    ReplyDelete