For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ani Wula! Today we began language learning with Madame Toé. We have language lessons with her for three hours a day and then spend the afternoons on a language route. Most people speak French, however the primary people group that we are working with speak a language known as Dioula. This morning we literally did not know a single word in Dioula and then this afternoon we were rooming the streets attempting to have conversations with people we encountered. Please know....I use the word conversation very loosely! It was exciting to meet new people today: Marguerite, Antwan, Awa, and many others whose names were basically impossible to pronounce with our limited American tongue.
- Burkina Faso has recieved rain for the past 3 days
- Team worship yesterday with the CMF team was encouraging
- Health and peace for the Burkinabe
- Continued patience and perseverance in language learning
- For us to comprehend the "big picture" of what CMF is working at in Burkina
We tried to upload more pictures, but we are having an extremely slow internet connection so hopefully more will come!
Thanks for your prayers and support!