03 June 2011

If you have your Bibles...And I hope you do.

Psalm 26:4
One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek; that I may be in the house of the Lord all of the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.


We have completed our first full day of training and are getting more and more excited to leave for Burkina Faso with every minute.  We are staying at the Benedict Inn that is run by the Sisters of St. Benedict.  They serve us breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day and will be praying for us all summer. Such great ladies! Here's where we are staying for the next couple of days.
We have met our teammate, Alexa along with the 33 other interns that are going to SE Asia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mexico, Spain, and Ukraine.  We have been able to hear the countless stories of how Jesus has changed the lives of the interns who literally have flown in from across the United States.    

Meet Alexa...I can already tell this girl is going to be awesome to be with for the next couple of months.  She has a great story, so I can't wait to get to know her better. 

Today we had sessions covering a variety of material including learning about CMF International (our sending organization), took personality tests, did some group building activities, and learned more about working as a team. Tomorrow we will be going to a ropes course, so we will be heading out early. 

Sidenote for those who "know" David Platt: We met a girl from the Church of Brook Hills, and I am pretty sure we could chat with her all night if time allowed.  If you have not heard of him or the church, we would highly recommend you listen to some of his Biblical teaching.  He is an extremely anointed teacher.


4 comments:

  1. This title cracked me UP!

    Keep these updates coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe-some! (to say that how i'm saying it in my head, you need to sing the syllables.) love seeing where you're staying and hearing all about your training day. (and i assume you already asked your brook hills friend if she has room in her basement for a bunch of hoosiers to move in?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continued prayers for all of you. May you continue to be blessed in the following days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you David Platt :)
    Safe Journey to and from and DURING your stay in Africa.
    I'll wave from the plane as I pass over in a few weeks on my way 'home' to Zambia for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete